This is my first ever Top 5 Wednesday post! I am very excited to start this. If you don’t know Top 5 is a weekly meme hosted by Sam over at Thoughts on Tomes . Each week is a different topic and this week is books as event themes. I’m so glad that I came across this meme through Thrice Reads and actually know what that means. Basically, any book you think would make a great idea for a party, wedding, prom, etc. I am rufusing to use Harry Potter as So without further delay here are my top 5:
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – This was the first book that I thought of. It would be perfect for any type of event. There is so much magic and everything just sounds beautiful. If someone found a way to incorporate the entire collaboration between Marco & Celia I would faint. Besides, who doesn’t love circus games.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber- If you haven’t read this please do. It’s one of my favorite new releases. There was a lot that reminded me of The Night Circus. But if you take out the part where the Caraval can drive you mad, the entire aesthetic behind it would make a pretty great party.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas- The night court alone would make an amazing theme for a party. The best thing about this is you can either have several parties all with a theme based off of one of the courts or you can have one giant party that incorporates all of them.
- Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux- I’m picturing a huge mascaraed party with tons of PotO décor that will probably take more after the musical then the actual book. This is one of my absolute favorites and I’d be lying if I said I never thought of getting a cake for my birthday to look like Eric’s mask. Outside of all the death, life at La Opera Popular could be a great theme for a party. It is a theater with many shows so the possibilities can be endless.
- The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald- Now I am honestly not a fan of the book and I haven’t seen the movies but the idea of a giant 20’s inspired party as extravagant as Gatsby’s parties sounds like a blast.
That is all for my top 5 Wednesday. Please let me know your top 5 in the comments.