Synopsis: “Three sisters. One spell. Countless dead.
Lula Mortiz feels like an outsider. Her sister’s newfound Encantrix powers have wounded her in ways that Lula’s bruja healing powers can’t fix, and she longs for the comfort her family once brought her. Thank the Deos for Maks, her sweet, steady boyfriend who sees the beauty within her and brings light to her life.
Then a bus crash turns Lula’s world upside down. Her classmates are all dead, including Maks. But Lula was born to heal, to fix. She can bring Maks back, even if it means seeking help from her sisters and defying Death herself. But magic that defies the laws of the deos is dangerous. Unpredictable. And when the dust settles, Maks isn’t the only one who’s been brought back..”
Release Date: June 5, 2018
Rating: ALL THE STARS (5 stars)
I know reviews are supposed to make sense and be all detailed but I loved this book so much be warned I might ramble. I’ve been trying to write this for a few days and I’m having a hard time forming words. Just go out and read this series. I don’t know how it’s possible but book 2 is even more amazing then book one (Labyrinth Lost)and book one is awesome too. I‘m so excited to read everything Zoraida comes out with. She’s just an awesome person and her
books are magic she’s magic.
This series is going to make an awesome movie some day and PLEASEEEEEE let them do it justice or you can find me crying and refusing to watch anymore book to movie adaptations. ( I don’t actually know if this is in the works or not just wishful thinking) This series is one that I feel could go on for a while. There are tons of characters who have interesting stories that you get glimpses of during both books and it would be awesome to find out more about them.
Things I love:
1. Family, it plays such a huge role in the book. You get strength, support and love from family. You do not have to be a blood relative in order to be family either. Friends that are family are just as important.
2. MAGIC. I mean obviously. Everyone has such unique powers. I love that they are discovering their powers and all that they entail. Magic isn’t one size fits all. It is different for every witch.
3. Growth. There is some great character growth. Lula goes through a lot and by the end I think she has learned a lot. The family is also still dealing with the aftermath of Labyrinth Lost and there are changes in everyone.
4. Lady Muerte! Would I be scared if I ever saw her? You betcha. Do I think she’s cool and badass? You got that right.
5. Rhett. *googly eyes*
6. Honestly, everything. Read it and judge for yourselves.
Now let’s all pretend that this made sense.
If you’ve read Bruja Born what did you think?