First, I want to say I am totally not creative. I got the idea of the title for this post from Jenna (J.K I’m Exploring) you can check out her post here.
This year was the first year I really embraced not finishing books I’m not enjoying. There is so little time and so many books, I just didn’t want to dwell on ones that weren’t working for me. I used to force myself to finish books but that always results in me being in a slump afterward and no-one wants to be in a slump. So 2018 was the year of not allowing myself to get upset over giving up on books. I felt like I DNF a lot of books this year but it was only 10. In my dreams I love every book I touch but in reality that’s just not possible.
Here are the 10 books I said Thank U, Next to in 2018:
- Maresi by Maria Turtschanioff
- Not the Girls You’re Looking For by Aminah Mae Safi
- City of Saints and Thieves by Natalie C Anderson
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L Sanchez
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber
- Kids Like Us by Hilary Reyl
- The Phantom of Manhattan by Fredrick Forsyth
- The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison
- The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann
Do you DNF books or do you stick it out?