I was tagged by Mani for the Liebster Award. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
The Liebster Award Rules
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
My answers to Mani’s questions.
Do you really judge a book by its cover?
Guilty. If there is a good cover on it I’m more likely to pick it up and read the synopsis. Does having a bad cover make me not read it? No, I just might not initially be interested if I don’t have all the information. Same goes for titles. The better sounding titles draw more attention.
If you were able to host a dinner party for your favourite authors (alive or dead), who would you invite and what would you make for them?
Shea Ernshaw, VE Schwab, Jay Kristoff, Dan Brown, Talia Hibbert, Zoraida Cordova, Adam Silvera, and Stephen King.
What’s your favourite food?
Cheese Burgers. Chocolate. Shrimp. Chips. Chicken. I just love food for the most part.
What’s the oldest read book on your shelf?
I used my Goodreads shelves so my oldest book that I’ve read is The Iliad.
What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?
Spending time with my family, at the gym or at work (I usually work on my blog at work).
What’s your all time favourite book that you recommend to everyone?
I love recommending The Wicked Deep, The Phantom of the Opera or The Poet X.
What is your favourite book quote?
“Magic is a tricky thing. Not easily measured or metered or weighed.” It’s from The Wicked Deep. I can’t explain it but I love it and am planning on getting a tattoo with it.
If you could give advice to your younger self what would it be?
Don’t start going to college just because everyone keeps telling you that you need to. Don’t pick a degree you don’t really want and follow your heart.
What sparked your love of reading?
I don’t remember. I know I read when I was younger. I didn’t read at all in high school. But once I got pregnant with my oldest I started reading again.
Can you share some of your unpopular bookish opinions?
I haven’t finished all of the Harry Potter books but I feel like it’s over hyped and I am annoyed with how much it’s talked about. There are more books in the world than that one series. And just because you have or haven’t read those books doesn’t determine wither you are “a reader” or not.
What’s your favourite drink of choice (hot or cold)?
Sweet tea. I prefer it warm.
11 facts about myself
- I haven’t finished any books in months and I’m starting to get really upset about it. It just makes me feel like there is something wrong with me.
- I would love to travel EVERYWHERE but right now we are planning a trip to New Orleans for next year.
- I have never been on a plane.
- My kids are homeschooled. It’s a group effort between myself, my husband and his mother.
- If it’s green I want it.
- I do not like pineapple on pizza.
- I’ve had this blog for almost 2 years and I started just because I like to talk about books.
- I’m devastated Supernatural is ending.
- I have a puppy. Her name is Nyx she’s a German Shepard and 7 months old.
- I have anxiety.
- I really hate talking about myself.
11 questions for you
- If you could take any character from any fictional world and place them into another world who would it be and where?
- Who is one of your favorite authors?
- What is one book you were really disappointed by?
- Have you ever lost a library book?
- What is your current favorite song?
- Do you have a most prized book? Is there a book that means a lot to you for whatever reasons, is what I mean.
- How often do you post on your blog?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the bravest thing you’ve done? (This is totally subjective. If you felt brave doing it, it totally counts.) =)
- Pineapple on pizza?
- What is your favorite mythical creature?
Star is All Booked Up (I totally noticed you recently did this. So I get if you don’t want to again. I’m leaving you tagged so everyone can find your awesomeness)